FITS THE FOLLOWING VEHICLES:
THIS 2 ITEM PACKAGE SHIPS WITH THE
- iDATALINK MAESTRO ADS-MRR INTERFACE MODULE +
- iDATALINK HRN-RR-VW2 INTERFACE HARNESS
iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Interface Module
Connect a new stereo and retain the steering wheel audio controls and factory amps in select 2006-up vehicles
- allows installation of a new car stereo in select 2006-up Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda, Subaru, Toyota, and VW vehicles
- works with required vehicle-specific harness (sold separately) to retain factory steering wheel audio controls, retain the factory amp if present, and integrate all car stereo connections
- retains factory convenience features (OnStar, SYNC, Uconnect, and more) with select Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, and JVC touchscreen receivers
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, and Alpine multimedia receivers
- not compatible with Mac
- dimensions: 4-1/8"W x 3/4"H x 2-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module, along with the correct interface harness for your vehicle, allows you to install a new car stereo in select late-model Fiat, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota/Scion, Honda, Fiat, Subaru, or Volkswagen vehicles while retaining your factory steering wheel audio controls and the use of your factory amplifier, if present.
Here's how it works
First, you connect the Maestro to your Windows-based computer (not compatible with Macs) using the included USB cable, visit www.idatalink.com/maestro, and follow the instructions. Once the unit has been "flashed," it's ready to go. Next, you'll either solder or crimp the vehicle-specific Maestro harness (sold separately) to your new receiver's wiring, just like you would with any Crutchfield wiring harness or wiring adapter.
Retain steering wheel audio controls, too
The ADS-MRR module also allows you to use your factory steering wheel audio controls with your new receiver. Using the intuitive web programming interface, each factory button can be assigned a specific radio function. Better yet, you can also assign a secondary "press and hold" radio function to each factory button, effectively doubling what can be controlled.
Keeping your factory features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Alpine receiver, you'll enjoy the outstanding performance of your receiver, plus seamless touchscreen control over most of the factory features in select vehicles.
Volkswagen: You'll retain your VW's Bluetooth, the factory digital amplifier and fader, plus VW's media device interface. Select Kenwood receivers allow you to display navigation info on your VW's multi-function screen.
Important Note: iDatalink Maestro RR is not compatible with a Mac.
Note: Most vehicles will require additional installation parts — please identify your vehicle if you haven’t done so. You can also call an Advisor for more information.
iDATALINK HRN-RR-VW2 INTERFACE HARNESS
Connect an iDatalink-ready car stereo and retain steering wheel controls in select 2016-up Volkswagen vehicles
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Volkswagen vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls
- displays engine performance data and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- displays radar info onscreen with select radios and detectors
- warranty: 1 year